The Final Project
In order to complete the final project and get A on this paper, you have to answer all of these questions and requirements.
- Define evidence-based practices
- Explain the evidence-based practice process including all the following:
- Formulate your clinical question using (PICO) formula:
- Patient problem (P)
- Intervention/s (I)
- Comparison intervention (C)
- Outcomes (O)
- Find the evidence by searching literature database (PubMed, Medline, Ovid, …..)
- Decide on the database you are going to search
- Prepare the keywords for your search (including alternative terms or abbreviation)
- Use Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT) to further breakdown your search
- Specify: the time period, language, type of study, …..etc)
- Analyze an article of your searching results:
- Assess the evidence
- Understand and explain the study design and the outcomes being measured
- Use the research evidence to make an informed decision to implement or forbid the evidence-based intervention
- Include a research summary on different evidence based practices that are commonly adopted in healthcare.
- Search two different evidence based practices that have been used in healthcare field. Use this template and fill-in the following 13 fields (hint: the information will be from the articles)
Template for Decision Aid
|Name of the intervention|
|Aim of the intervention|
|Description: (mode of delivery, frequency, restrictions)|
|How it does work?|
|Extent of effectiveness|
|Goals to be achieved|
|What will be the required tasks by the patient/ User to be able to use this intervention effectively?|
|Effect on quality of life|
|Sources for further information|
|Does the article mentioned the alternative options or recommendations|
- Select a disease and how it has been impacted by evidence based practices.
- Information technology and knowledge management.
(hint: you might use one of the previous articles as an example). Answer how the tactic and/or explicit knowledge management were conducted to adopt the evidence.
- Explain in details how could you search for available evidence base?
- Formulate your search clinical problem
- How and why you choose your searching database
- How are you going to put together your search statement (keywords, alternatives, abbreviation) using Boolean terms
- Find the evidence of just two articles of the total searched articles. suggest or recommend the evidence-based practice based on the outcomes for the disease of choice.
Finally, follow all the above 6 required steps in detail.
In order to get the final grade on the final project, you have to:
- Answer all the above questions as indicated
- Submit the final paper which include: a title page, table of contents page, double spaced 11 font size New Times Romans or Arial fonts, all the citations are in APA format (in-text and in the references section)
- The above mentioned questions should be sat as heading and should be answered in the same order
- Plagiarism should be <10%
- Should be submitted before the due date
- Your name and the course’s number should be on the submitted paper